RI High School Basketball Championships – a Credit Union Tradition—March 20-22
For more than 20 years the credit unions of Rhode Island have been the lead sponsor of the Annual Credit Union Championships –the Rhode Island’s girls and boys high school basketball finals. This year’s event which takes place on March 21 and March 22 will once again be held at the University of Rhode Island’s Ryan Center. It is proudly sponsored by the credit unions of Rhode Island, the Credit Union Association of Rhode Island, in collaboration with Alloya Corporate Federal Credit Union.
This great event provides a tremendous opportunity for the credit unions of Rhode Island to showcase their support for the community and young people in particular. Please consider joining your fellow credit unions and the Credit Union Association of Rhode Island as they team up to help promote positive statewide awareness of credit unions. Last year, more than 4,800 fans attended!
Leading up to the event as well as during the two-day competition, participating credit unions will score with some terrific publicity, including:
- Media press conference – Thursday, March 20, at the Ryan Center, 10:30 a.m.
- Banners throughout the Ryan Center.
- Credit union sponsor names will be displayed across the scoreboard, throughout the event.
- Souvenir program ads for all sponsors, handed out to the fans.
- Credit Union Championship hats and winners’ trophies will be presented by credit union representatives.
Credit Union staff and volunteers are also invited to join in the excitement on Friday and Sunday, March 21 and 22. (Plenty of free parking is available!)
Tentative Game Schedule, Friday, March 21
Boys State Semifinals:
- 6:00 p.m
- 8:00 p.m.
Tentative Game Schedule, Saturday, March 22
- Girls Division III 11:00 a.m.
- Girls Division II 1:30 p.m.
- Girls Division I 4:00 p.m.
- Boys State Championship Finals 7:30 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding the event, or how you can become a sponsor, please contact Jason McHugh at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 800-253-0053, ext. 4260.