Consumer Loan Officer, Greenwood Credit Union, Warwick, RI
GREENWOOD CREDIT UNION is seeking a CONSUMER LOAN OFFICER to join their growing team.
This position is primarily responsible for originating, underwriting, processing, closing, and disbursing consumer loans including home equity, auto, personal and credits cards to Greenwood Credit Union’s field of membership according to established Credit Union policies, procedures, and legal and regulatory guidelines.
Essential duties include:
1. Interview and effectively tutor applicants in the details of available GCU loan products and recommend programs and solutions beneficial for both the applicant and GCU
2. Complete and process consumer loan applications and obtain all information required underwriting information
3. Underwrite consumer loans and render sound consumer loan credit decision based on applicable regulations and credit union lending policies and guidelines
4. Proactively manage application pipeline to ensure highest possible closing percentage
5. Actively and effectively cross sell Credit Union products and services that meet the needs of existing and potential members
6. Demonstrate progress toward loan production and cross sell goals set by management
1. High school diploma or GED required
2. 2-3 years loan underwriting and/or processing experience in a bank or financial institution preferred
3. Working knowledge of consumer lending and underwriting policies and practices and installment loan documentation
4. Familiarity with laws and regulations governing credit union lending
5. Experience with loan underwriting/origination systems a plus
6. Strong computer/PC skills and ability to operate standard office machines with proficiency in Windows OS/MS Office Suite
7. Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills with strong negotiation skills and attention to detail
8. Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to work well with members and staff tactfully and professionally, both in person and on the phone
A complete job description and/or an analysis of the physical and mental demands of this position is available upon request.
Employment at Greenwood Credit Union is contingent upon the positive results of required background screening which may include verification of employment and/or educational history, criminal background investigation, credit history and bondibility check.
Qualified applicants should respond with cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax information to (401) 562-2744. (Posted 1-14-14)
Greenwood Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and therefore provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.