Chief Financial Officer, McGraw-Hill Federal Credit Union, East Windsor, NJ
McGraw-Hill Federal Credit Union, located in central New Jersey, 15 minutes from Princeton is seeking a Chief Financial Officer. Top line operational growth and engagement is our primary focus supported by the operational efficiency of the remote servicing environment. Our charter is a multiple common bond and we are focused on how to creatively and consistently engage the numerous employer populations we serve throughout the US. Our CU is known for being “different” in our industry; therefore we are looking for a specific type of individual to help us expand our culture. This individual must be operational solid with a vision for the future and an entrepreneurial spirit. The successful candidate will possess keen analytical and leadership skills, be, and will champion our core values and organizational culture. Our team is youthful in its thinking, energetic in its actions and is committed to learning. We are looking for a candidate with the right mindset that is willing and able to take on a challenging role as our business evolves.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer/President, responsible for providing strategic leadership for a progressive credit union by working with the Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The CFO will be looked upon to improve operations as we transition to a remote service delivery operating platform. She/he is a member of the Executive Team and will Chair ALCO provide infrastructure and support to the Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO) which is a Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) business and as well as the credit union’s Foundation (V.O.I.C.E Foundation).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and oversee the organization’s investment strategies, asset liability management, cash-flow management, financial variance analysis, capital expenditure planning, cost management/reduction strategies.
- Experience with managing the company’s Fixed Income Portfolio including Asset Liability, Liquidly Management, and Interest Rate Risk.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Developing and present pricing structures for loan and deposit products to Pricing Committee.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Actively lead and participate in the Strategic Plan Process.
- Oversee the established Process Documentation initiative as well as provide the organization with their periodic financial evaluations as part of the strategic planning process.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness by developing of departmental metrics.
- A commitment to learning is key to the success of this position therefore a Master’s degree, CPA (Active), CMA, or CGMA are also, strongly preferred.
- Prior Bank of Credit Union experience strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive business experience.
- 5 - 7 years supervisor experience. Demonstrated ability to lead people and drive results through others.
- Well versed in accounting principles, GAAP, ALM, pricing strategies, and financial systems.
- Strong operational background with a vision for the future.
- A proven team player, with experience managing and developing subordinate staff
- Strong background of leading high-performances teams.
- Proven skills in measuring performance and reporting results.
- Strategic planning a must with the ability to plan and execute on multi-year strategic growth plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Possess problem analysis and resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level.
Mastery level knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Project)
To apply, please submit resume to: email@example.com. (Posted 1-21-14)